Dashing Black Jade Pendant with Large Tan & Black Horn Beads
- Just a striking, handsome, easy to wear necklace. Neutral in colours of black, buff and chocolate.
- At the centre of the necklace there is a carved black jade pendant in the shape of a padlock, which, for the Chinese is symbolic of protection. Within the carving, there are coins, for prosperity and a bat for long life. It is 2 inches wide (5 cm), 1 1/2 inches high (4 cm) and 6 mm deep.
- The necklace itself consists of large, natural, buffalo horn beads (24 mm) and natural picture jasper beads (20 mm).
- Near the toggle clasp, there are two antique Chinese metal beads (18 mm) in a pewter type metal, intricately crafted with tiny metal coils.
- A sterling silver, handmade toggle clasp, has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 45.5 cm long. (18").