Enchanting Turquoise & Gold Necklace with Antique Gold Bird
- This enchanting, vintage 18ct gold on silver bird pendant completely captured me. He holds a tiny bead from his beak, and three tiny beads hang from his feet and tail feathers. He was crafted in Afghanistan quite a long time ago, when it was in its more peaceful state. He measures just under an inch across (2.5 cm) and with his feet beads, 1 inch high (2.5 cm).
- Natural turquoise beads (8 mm) are highlighted by vintage, gold on silver on hardened resin beads (8 mm), made in Afghanistan using their traditional learned from the craftsmen who came with Alexander the Great in 330 BC.
- A 14ct gold vermeil toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklaces come, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 18 inches long (45.5 cm) with a 1 inch pendant drop (2.5 cm).