Grey Labradorite & Green Chrysoprase Highlight Antique Agate Seal
- The exciting element in this necklace is the antique, grey agate, cylinder intaglio seal. It has an elephant and a gazelle deeply etched into the stone to produce a seal. Please look at my photo of the impression the seal creates. The age of this wonderful seal is difficult to assess because, although its style is medieval, belonging to Mesopotamia, it could well be much later, perhaps 19th century. Whatever its age, it is a charming piece, measuring 1 inch (2.5 cm) long and 16 mm circumference.
- It is bordered by two, soft mint coloured chalcedony discs (18 mm). These are heat treated stones. Additional chalcedony discs (12 mm) punctuate the design.
- On either side of the larger chalcedony discs, there are two, large, deeply ribbed sterling silver beads (16 mm), handmade by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand.
- The main part of necklace consists of faceted grey cylinders (12 mm) that contrast in tone from light to dark.
- Sterling silver wave discs partition the chalcedony beads. And at the end of the necklace there are two handmade, traditional, silver on hardened resin beads (14 mm) from Afghanistan.
- A handmade, sterling silver toggle clasp, has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 43 cm long (17").