Long Sage Silk Chain with Antique Jade Pig & Multi Jade Beads
- Sage green can complement so many other colours. It is both neutral and yet it has a warmth to it.
- The handmade sage silk/polyester chain carries quite a number of jade elements on this necklace, and each piece is as interesting as the next. All the jade pieces are antique.
- The main attraction is the calcified nephrite jade pig. He has two sides; one has a more neutral aspect because of its celadon colour, with the white of calcification. The other side has a caramel marking, as though the pig has rolled in its beloved mud. But this is all natural. He is 5 cm long, 3 cm high and 7.9 mm thick. For the Chinese, the pig symbolizes intelligence and prosperity, because he represents hard work and honesty. A pig, like a boar, is considered feisty. It therefore indicates a determination to fight back.
- Above the pig is an antique, sage toned, carved nephrite jade, Bi disc, a symbol of harmony and long life. It is 3 cm in diameter.
- This is topped by a carved jadeite rectangular bead. It has a vein of green at its centre, with a floral motif. While the flip side has more of a sage green colour with a coin motif, representing prosperity. It is 26 mm long by 16.5 mm wide.
- Lastly there is an antique carved, nephrite jade, tortoiseshell, in a taupe colour, with calcification. It is 14.5 mm by 9 mm.
- I have used celadon jadeite beads (6 mm) and sterling silver beads (3.5 mm) as spacers for all the elements.
- My silver name label is attached to the silk chain rings.
- Length 48 cm (19").