Multi-Strand Twist of Amethyst & Pearl Necklace with Pearl Pendant
- Once again Jaipur craftsmen have created a contemporary design using sugilite, a natural baroque pearl in peacock colour, and a manmade Alexandrite all set in sterling silver. The pendant is 1 3/4 inches long (4.5 cm) and 6 mm deep.
- The necklace itself consists of three strands. The first is of handmade sterling silver by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand. Karen hill tribe Fair Trade silver is nearly 98% pure silver. I mostly choose to use their silver because each piece is like a miniature bit of sculpture, individually crafted and created. I know that artisans in Northern Thailand produce this unique silversmithing in small villages, involving whole families in the process. Their work is fairly paid, and as a result, their beads are much more expensive. But a family is supported and wonderful beads and jewellery are produced in high quality silver.
- The second is made up of 4mm amethyst beads.
- And lastly, there are purple fluorite bricks at 4mm deep.
- Two white jade beads bring the strands together.
- I have used a silver toggle clasp. Toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with it's own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 18 inches long or 46 cm. with a 2 inch pendant drop.