- Two types of amethyst form a classical, flattering necklace. Cloudy, opaque amethyst cylinders (15mm W x 22mm L) contrast with clear, translucent amethyst discs (8mm thick x 11mm w). The basic design of the necklace comes from ancient Rome.
- Amethyst is the birthstone for February.
- Brushed 14ct golden vermeil beads in cubes (13mm) and balls (15mm), bring out the warmth and brilliance of the amethyst tonality
- 14ct vermeil toggle clasp has been added because I prefer using toggle clasps. They are easy to use and quite secure.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklace, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 17.5 inches long (44cm)
The Simple Elegance of an Amethyst & Gold Necklace