Flattering Aquamarine Multi-Strand Necklace and Antique Turquoise Disc
- This necklace, which is often called a “torsade ”consists of nine strands of natural aquamarine ovals (6 mm) that are translucent and clear.
- An antique natural turquoise Bi disc (1 3/4 inch (4.5 cm) x 8 mm deep) harmonises in colour with the aquamarine. It is unusual (for turquoise) to be such a soft almost aqua blue colour. It is a Chinese turquoise Bi disc, a symbol of harmony and long life. But it has been carved in its natural, raw state, which also indicates the original rock from which the turquoise is mined and exhibits the imperfections of this natural, unpolished stone, which I have illustrated in a photo.
- The turquoise disc hangs on 6 mm opaque aquamarine beads.
- All nine aquamarine strands feed into two etched, rhodium silver barrels (11 mm) from South Korea.
- A handmade, sterling silver toggle clasp, has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 42 cm(16 1/2") long with a 4.5 cm (1 3/4") pendant drop.