Exceptional, Double Strand Aquamarine & Gold Necklace
- This is a magnificent, double strand necklace of simply top quality, translucent, natural aquamarine, mixed with vintage 18ct gold beads. It is now quite a challenge to find aquamarine of this quality and clarity without having to take out a mortgage from the bank.
- The faceted ovals of aquamarine are roughly 19 mm x 13 mm, with a central oval at 22 mm.
- These aquamarine beads are interspersed with vintage, octagonal, 18ct gold beads (7 mm) from Afghanistan. These beads (now rare) are sheets of 18ct gold, rolled over hardened resin, a traditional and complex technique learned from the craftsmen who came to Afghanistan in 330 BC with Alexander the Great. There are two gold on silver Afghan beads (9 mm) at the end of the necklace.
- A 14ct gold toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 42 cm long (16 1/2").