Breathtaking Large Aquamarine & Silver Necklace
- This is a statement in natural aquamarine. But because it has been combined with sterling silver, the necklace can be worn both casually and more formally.
- Each one of these magnificent aquamarine beads is a show-stopper in itself. The tones of the aqua vary, from a few pale beads to a deeper aqua blue colour. Some beads are opaque, most are translucent. The three large central beads measure roughly 1 1/4 inches long (3 cm) and 21 mm in diameter. There are faceted aqua discs at 21 mm and smaller ones at 16 mm. The aqua cylinder disc beads that are left without carving are around 17 mm.
- Two, large, hammered and octagonal sterling silver discs, 18mm, are handmade by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand, using 98% pure silver. Two further Karen tribe beads are 16 mm, round and also hammered silver. At the end of the necklace, there are two octagonal sterling silver beads at 10 mm.
- A handmade, sterling silver toggle clasp, has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 43 cm long (17").