Grey Silk Band with Antique Sari Piece & Aquamarine Pendant
- This is a charming vintage Indian silk sari fragment in an aqua blue with a white embroidered, floral motif, bordered by a lighter aqua coloured silk.
- A Sterling Silver pendant set with faceted natural aquamarine, blue topaz, larimar and faceted crystal, hangs from the sari embroidery. This is a pendant created in Jaipur India, noted for its talented and imaginative craftsmen. The pendant is 1 3/4 inch long (4.5 cm), a half inch wide (1.5 cm) and 9 mm deep.
- The pendant and embroidery hang on a handmade, grey silk/polyester band. The band’s clasp consists of a jade bead which fits into one of two stretchable silk rings, enabling the wearer to vary the length. My silver label is attached at the ring.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace measures 47 cm (18 1/2") round with a 8 cm (3 1/4") pendant drop