Delicate Lapis & Carnelian Necklace with Antique Silver Horn Pendant
- The beautiful attention to detail of this antique Victorian sterling silver hunting horn, which includes a rather charming engraved bell, is a scene- stealer . As you can see from the photo, the horn is engraved and even the mouth- piece has been shaped. The horn is 1 1/2 inches across (4 cm) and 3/4 of an inch high (2 cm).
- It hangs on a necklace of natural carved lapis rings (12 mm), natural carnelian lanterns (8.5 mm) and antique sterling silver Navajo beads (8 mm).
- A silver toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The clasp has been made by the Karen hill tribes, of twisted silver to create a rope design.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 17 3/4 inches long (45 cm) with a pendant drop of 3/4 of an inch (2 cm)