Chalcedony Cylinder Necklace Graces Indian Enamel & Kyanite Bead
- Which is the star of this necklace, the natural pale blue chalcedony cylinders (21 mm x 15 mm) or the extravagant, bullet shaped bead, made in Jaipur, India?
- It is made of 14ct gold on silver, set with cornflower blue, natural kyanites, and embellished with enamel leaves of scarlet and emerald. It measures 11/2 inches long (4 cm) x 18 mm deep.
- The elaborate Indian bead sets the colour range. The Kyanite is echoed in the Chalcedony beads.
- The handmade emerald glass beads (11 mm and 5 mm) from India, cross reference to the enamel leaves.
- Brushed gold on sterling silver cylinders (14 mm), beads (10 mm) and wave discs (11 mm) blend with the vermeil of the bullet Indian bead.
- A 14ct gold vermeil toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 45.5 cm (18") long.