Blue Stone, Coral & Gold Necklace with Indian Enamel & Kyanite Bead
- Dumortierite, which is a stone quite new to me, has a lovely, almost denim-like natural colouring. It is like lapis, but a slightly different blue. These cylinders are 17 mm x 14 mm.
- Between the dumortierite beads, green glass beads from India contrast with the blue stone and echo the green enamel in the special, vermeil, bullet shaped bead from Jaipur, India. This bead also sports a red enamel, which has been picked up by the coral melon breads (12 mm) and 3mm coral beads flanking the vermeil disc beads (14 mm). The Indian vermeil/enamel bead is set with faceted blue kyanite stones, blending with the dumortierite colour. This bead is 1 1/2 inches long (4 cm) and 19 mm in diameter.
- There are vermeil wave discs and small 8 mm vermeil beads.
- A 14ct gold vermeil toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 45.5 cm long (18").