Rainbow Fluorite Double Strand Necklace with Antique Silver Pendant
- Any romantic would love this graceful, double strand necklace of natural, rainbow fluorite cubes, because of its central pendant. This is an antique, Victorian, (marked with English silver marks) sterling silver pendant which has been exquisitely crafted in great detail. It shows a swallow, with leaves and flowers in its beak, hovering over a heart, which has been placed over a knot design. The flowers, which I believe are violets, and leaves are in a rose gold, to accentuate their importance. The Victorians loved romance and symbolism, and this pendant sends strong messages. Violets were an emblem of loyalty. The swallow was a bird that represented faithfulness. But it also expressed a clear desire for the loved one to return home safely. And love is why the heart was also included in the design. The knot motif, underneath the heart, implies unbreakable union. Without a doubt, this is indeed a small pendant with huge sentiment. The pendant is 1 3/4 inches (4.5 cm) long by 3/4 inch high (2 cm).
- On either side of the pendant, there are two etched, 5 mm beads, handmade by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand. The two ribbed beads (8mm) at the end of the necklace are also made by the same people.
- Two strands of natural, rainbow coloured, fluorite cubes (8 mm) form the necklace. These multi coloured cubes of fluorite, display the wonderful array of colours within this beautiful stone, ranging from emerald, to mint, to teal blue, to deep purple, to amethyst and finally to a combination of colours in one cube.
- A handmade, sterling silver toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 47 cm long (18 1/2").