Brilliant Lapis Necklace with Silver & Blue Enamel Starfish
- This is a very blue and navy necklace, a colourway that suits silver.
- The brilliant blue, natural lapis Bi Disc (1 1/2 inches diameter (4 cm), 5 mm deep),is a symbol of longevity and harmony. It features on the side of the necklace.
- The lapis disc is attached by 3mm lapis beads (21mm x 15 mm x 11 mm deep), and flanked by handmade, hammered sterling silver beads (20 mm), crafted by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand.
- Natural, carved navy lapis rings (12 mm) and blue lapis beads (10 mm) alternate with handmade Chinese blue enamel starfish (18mm).
- A handmade, sterling silver toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 45.5 cm (18") long.