Multi-Strand Turquoise & Garnet Necklace with Victorian Gold & Garnet Slide
- Originally this was a quintessentially Victorian brooch. It has now been changed to a slide, which accommodates eleven strands of natural turquoise, garnet and pearl. This very baroque, scrolled Victorian piece is in 9K gold, inlaid with 3 good sized natural garnets, measures 3 cm long x 2 cm wide.
- The necklace can be twisted to make it more of a choker, or left loose to form a slightly longer necklace.
- The multi strand necklace consist of two strands of 4mm natural, Chinese turquoise beads; Four strands of tiny (1.5 mm) turquoise cylinders; Two strands of natural garnet beads (4.8 mm); One strand of natural, pink tourmaline nuggets (5 mm); Two strands of cultured, freshwater, grey seed pearls (2.5 mm).
- The strands are brought together with two vintage, etched, handmade Afghan beads (15.7 mm). These are 18K gold, on silver, on hardened resin, a traditional, ancient, Afghan technique.
- I have used a vermeil toggle clasp. Toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- Length 43 cm (17").