Multi-Strand Necklace of Cream & Russet Keshi Pearls
- Once again, the chic keshi pearls produce their magic. With their cornflake shapes, these lustrous pearls create elegance without being stuffy. I have combined russet colour pearls with taupe pearls, all in varying sizes.
- Two strands of taupe coloured keshi pearls (each pearl 12 mm), and one strand (each pearl 20 mm.)
- The fourth strand is in a warm, russet colour, with the pearls measuring 10.5 mm.
- These feed into vintage, handmade 18K gold-on-silver-on-hardened resin beads, made in Afghanistan, using the ancient techniques passed down by Alexander the Great’s artisans. Each bead is 16.5 mm.
- A 14K gold vermeil toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- Length 43 cm (17").