Long Necklace of White Pearls, Citrines, Chalcedony & Gold
- This is a versatile, useful necklace which can be worn doubled or long.
- It consists of natural white, cultured baroque, freshwater pearls, 8 mm, and white pearl rectangles, 11mm.
- The pearls are interspersed with natural, clear (which is rare) rose quartz, 19 mm, natural, blue chalcedony nuggets, 12 mm, natural citrine nuggets, 13 mm, and finally vintage vermeil. These are vintage (now rare) handmade 18 CT gold on silver on hardened resin beads (12 mm and 7 mm). These were traditionally made beads from Afghanistan, using techniques learned from when Alexander the Great’s craftsmen came to Afghanistan in 330 BC.
- A 14ct gold vermeil toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace measures 99 cm long (39").