Bumble Bee Jasper Ovals & Silver Necklace
- Natural stone patterns and formations are quite amazing. It is as though nature had taken a paint brush to the stones.
- This natural jasper is known as Bumblebee jasper because its colours and patterns bring to mind the appearance of a bumblebee. Each oval stone is 1 1/2 inches long (4 cm), a half inch wide (1.5 cm) and 7 mm thick.
- In between the stones, I have added 6 mm, natural black, mat onyx, beads and hammered sterling silver rounds (18 mm diameter x 5 mm thick). These handcrafted beads are made by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand, using a silver that is 98% pure silver. Two further Karen tribe silver beads (8 mm) are used at the back of the necklace.
- A handmade, sterling silver toggle clasp, has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 45.5 cm (18")long.