Emerald Necklace with Indian Gold, Emeralds & Diamond Pendant
- This stunning, simple necklace of graduated, faceted Columbian emeralds (from 9mm down to 2.5 mm) is heightened by the addition of a lozenge -shaped pendant of gold on silver and inlaid with tiny, rose –cut diamonds and emeralds. The striking, swirling design of the gold plays wonderfully against the sparkle of the diamonds and emeralds. The pendant is 1 1/4 inches long (3.5 cm), and 3/4 of an inch wide (2 cm).
- The pendant has been crafted in Jaipur, India, where so much exquisite jewellery is created. The two 18K gold, etched beads in the middle of the necklace are vintage, and also made in India in the traditional way of sheet gold on hardened resin.
- The clasp is a 14K gold toggle clasp. I prefer using toggle clasps because they are easy to use and quite secure.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with it's own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 19 inches long or 48 cm with a 11/4 inch pendant drop