Multi-Strand Green Jade, Aventurine & Brass Necklace
- Multi strand necklace in subtle, soft celadon green colours;
- Four strands of Burma jadeite (3.5 mm);
- Three strands of aventurine beads (3 mm);
- The four jade strands have brass Heishi rings interspersed in the central part of the necklace. These Heishi rings (3 mm) are handmade in Ethiopia.
- Two rare, vintage, handmade 18 ct gold on silver on hardened resin beads, (6.5 mm) made in Afghanistan.
- The Afghani have been crafting gold for centuries; When Alexander the Great came to Afghanistan in 330 BC, his people brought many skills, one of which was working in gold; Like the Romans, centuries later, a yellow, 18 ct gold was used; But one of their techniques was to take sheet gold and work it onto hardened resin and then decorate it accordingly; this handiwork and the yellow gold colour give the necklace warmth and character and complements the gems;
- Vermeil toggle;
- Length 46 cm (18")