Exotic Tan Jade Dragon Graces Double Strand Necklace of Fossilized Coral
- This vintage, calcified jade dragon has been carved and etched in a detailed, attractive design. The age of this piece is difficult to decipher but it does have age (hence the term vintage). He is 3 inches long (7.5 cm), 1 inch wide (2.5 cm) and 3 mm deep.
- The dragon, important in Chinese culture, symbolizes the Emperor and his power and playfulness. But it also stands for the universal source of energy, known as “Chi”.
- The dragon hangs on 3 mm carnelian beads on a double strand necklace of fossilized coral. These natural, fossilized coral ovals range in neutral colours and patterns. The unpolished, mat, rough cut ovals are 24 mm long by 20mm wide and 6 mm deep.
- A sterling silver toggle clasp, which has also been made by the Karen hill tribes of Thailand, using twisted silver wire, has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 40.5 cm(16") long with a 9 cm (3 1/2") pendant drop.