Exquisite Clear Rose Quartz & Gold Multi-Strand Necklace
- I had never realised the difference between natural, CLEAR rose quartz, as these stones are, and the usual, cloudy and more opaque rose quartz. The clear stones are exquisite and rather magical, although that unfortunately, is reflected in the price of the stones. The more common, cloudy rose quartz, although very pretty, are in a different league to these clear stones.
- The three strands of clear rose quartz are made up of lozenge shaped, bevelled stones that vary in dimensions, but are roughly 21 mm. They sparkle and dance in the light.
- I have added to the charm of these stones by interspersing small, cultured, keshi pink pearls (8 mm).
- Antique, handmade, etched, 18ct gold beads (6 mm) are also integrated into the strands. These beads (now rare) are sheets of 18ct gold, rolled over hardened resin, a traditional and complex technique learned from the craftsmen who came to Afghanistan in 330 BC with Alexander the Great. There are also 2 Afghan melon beads of gold on silver on hardened resin (14mm), which use the same technique as the smaller beads, but the smaller beads are pure gold. The three strands feed into the melon beads.
- A 14ct gold vermeil toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 42 cm long (16 1/2").