Eye Grabbing Peridot & Antique Gold Necklace
- These wonderful, vintage vermeil panels are handmade from Afghanistan, using a rolled metal technique and etched designs. Each is inlaid with natural carnelian. The centre panel has a carnelian cabochon and 4 tiny inlaid turquoise beads. The outer panels, one with an etched butterfly and the other with a stained glass rose motif, are also inlaid with carnelians.
- Each panel is 1 1/4 inches long (3 cm) and 3/4 inches high (2 cm) and 8 mm deep.
- The panels are set off by natural, faceted, rough cut peridot nuggets, roughly 15 mm.
- Two, handmade antique, etched 18ct gold melon beads (13 mm) are from Afghanistan. These beads (now rare) are sheets of 18ct gold, rolled over hardened resin, a traditional and complex technique, learned from the craftsmen who came to Afghanistan in 330 BC with Alexander the Great.
- A 14ct gold toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 43 cm long(17").