Head Turning Carnelian Necklace with Antique, Art Deco, Marcasite Pendant
- Striking, stunning, crisp and chic, adjectives that describe this necklace. The sparkle of the Art Deco Marcasite, with its dark background, like old diamonds, makes a rich contrast to the burnt orange of the natural carnelian panels. This is a necklace that will wow.
- The Art Deco pendant, once a brooch and now altered to a pendant, is from the 1920’s to the 1930’s. It is a floral leaf spray, 6.6 cm by 2.5 cm wide. The Marcasite spray has been tied at the stems, a nice detail. And the Marcasite itself is all in good, glittering condition.
- The carnelian panels (11mm x 15 mm) slightly vary in size. But that colour is delicious, as if the stones were mixed with butter, sugar and orange and melted over the stove.
- There are two small sterling silver beads (7.5 mm) made by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand, along with the silver toggle clasp, with its rope design made of wound silver wires. My silver name tag is attached to the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- Length 44 cm (17 1/2") with a 6.5 cm (2 1/2") pendant drop.