Long Black Silk Chain with Antique White Jade Warrior, Onyx & Bone
- This extraordinary antique, natural white jade warrior is carved with great detail. It is possible I have mis-read the figure in that he could be a farmer carrying his staff, marching into his fields. He wears a tight fitting cap and carries a pouch around his waist. He is 2 inches long (5 cm) by 1 1/2 inches wide (4 cm) and 16 mm deep.
- Above him, a burgundy glass bead from India (11 mm) gives a burst of tiny colour to a black and white theme.
- A natural, mat black onyx cube (10 mm) and a polished onyx disc contrast to the antique carved bone rectangle bead, which resembles an envelope bag. It is 2.5 cm long and 8mm deep.
- Handmade, fair trade silver beads (14 mm) made by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand, complement the arrangement.
- A fine, handmade black silk/polyester chain, hosts my silver label.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace measurers 46 cm (18") long which includes a 12.5 cm( 5") pendant drop