Long Turquoise Silk Chain with Tibetan Silver Monkey Pendant on Turquoise
- This vintage, Tibetan pendant has been crafted using Tibetan turquoise and decorated with a Silver monkey, set with a coral bead. The decorative etching is quite detailed and the silver continues to form a wide ring on which the pendant hangs.
- In Buddhism, a monkey was alleged to have accompanied a monk, tasked with bringing sacred Buddhist texts from India to China. The monkey was chosen among all the animals because of its intelligence and courage.
- Sterling silver beads (5 mm) and a vintage, handmade Afghan silver on hardened resin bead (14.5 mm x 9 mm) top the pendant, along with a jasper bead (5 mm x 10 mm).
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace measures 43 cm (17") which includes a 7.5 cm ( 3") pendant drop.