Moonstone Pebble Multi-Strand Necklace with Antique Silver & Agate Pendant
- This is a statement necklace for any season. It looks magnificent on.
- The antique Victorian, sterling silver and natural, banded brown agate pendant, work wonderfully against the startling white of the natural moonstone pebbles. I have hung the pendant so that it lies just beneath the moonstones, or slightly pulled under them. The wearer can decide which is preferred.
- The etched, embossed and gadrooned sterling rims are typical of Victorian craftsmanship. The silver surrounds a rich chocolate, banded agate insert. The pendant measures 2 inches across (5 cm) and 4 mm deep.
- It hangs on a double strand of smoky quartz beads (3 mm) and handmade sterling silver etched beads (4 mm), crafted by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand.
- The three strands of polished moonstone pebbles vary in size, but are roughly, 20mm x 24mm x 16 mm deep.
- Two embossed, rhodium silver beads (21 mm) from South Korea finish the design.
- A handmade, sterling silver toggle clasp, crafted by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand, using twisted silver to create a rope pattern, has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 43 cm (17") long with a 5 cm (2")pendant drop.