Soft Blue Amazonite Disc Necklace with Silver Discs
- The very name “amazonite” conjures up images of jungles and exotic waters. And amazonite does indeed originate from the Amazon area. This green/blue stone is a microcline feldspar variety of mineral and it is often known as “Amazon Jade”. The stone is said to embody truth, honour, communication, integrity, hope and trust. It has also been credited with enhancing intuition, creativity and intellect.
- These Amazonite discs are striated in pattern and each is different in design, and colour intensity. The discs are 1 1/4” across (just under 3 cm) and 5 mm thick.
- This stone works well, like turquoise, with silver. The silver discs are made in China. They have taken sheets of sterling silver and moulded it around the shape of a perfectly round pebble. They are just under 1 1/2” (3 cm) and 11 mm thick.
- At the end of the necklace, there are two melon-shaped and etched silver beads (7 mm) from South Korea.
- I have used a silver toggle clasp. Toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 19 3/4" long (50 cm).