Bold Red Coral, Black Lacquer, Crystal & Silver Necklace
- On the side of this necklace sits a stunning piece of rare, antique sterling silver (19th century) from Afghanistan. It is etched and embossed with great charm and measures 1 1/4 inches long (3 cm) x 23 mm in diameter.
- Two burgundy bamboo coral beads (21 mm) sit within the cylinder, on either side.
- More bamboo coral beads, including two very large ones (26 mm) and two cylinders (19 mm) alternate throughout the necklace, along with hand carved, black lacquer beads, in the centre (27 mm) and at the end (16 mm), and black coconut discs.
- Mat, rough cut, rock crystal octagonal discs (22 mm) lighten the red and black tones, as does the hand-crafted, sterling silver beads (21mm) on the opposite side of the necklace.
- A handmade, sterling silver toggle clasp, crafted by the Karen hill tribes in Thailand, using twisted silver to create a rope pattern, has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is 43 cm long (17").