Mint Silk Band with Antique French Embroidery, Mint Jade & Rose Quartz
- This is a traditional, Chinese colourway of apple green, a deep rose pink, and a highlight of gold. The floral wreathed embroidery is a vintage French textile, which sits on a mint green polished cotton.
- From the embroidery, a vintage (now rare) handmade 18ct gold on silver on hardened resin bead (12 mm). This was traditionally made bead in Afghanistan, using techniques learned from when Alexander the Great’s craftsmen came to Afghanistan in 330 BC.
- An unusually deep, natural rose quartz bead (14mm) hangs between the Afghan bead and the lustrous, natural apple green jadeite pendant, 1 1/2 inches long (4 cm) x 1/2 inch wide (1.5 cm) and 15 mm deep. The peach, which is a symbol of longevity, has a tiny mythical creature (the Chinese call it a qilin) sitting on top of the peach, trying to take possession of the fruit, and therefore, long life.
- The pendants hang on a handmade mint silk/polyester band. The band’s clasp consists of a jade bead which fits into one of two stretchable silk rings, enabling the wearer to vary the length. My silver label is attached at the ring.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace measures 45.5cm (18")round with a 11.5cm (4 1/2") pendant drop