When a Lapis Necklace is Lit by the Frost of Crystal
- It was an experiment to see how vibrant lapis would be affected by chunks of crystal. Immediately, I knew I loved it.
- The ovals of lapis have been carved and hollowed out, and seem to be almost hand painted with the patterns of the gemstone. You can also see the gleam of pyrite within the lapis (one of the components of lapis). The ovals measure 41mm long and 26mm wide.
- Rough cut, faceted cylinders of vintage crystal (28mm L x 21 mm W), each full of natural inclusions, alternate with small discs of amazonite (14mm), to form contrasts.
- A handmade sterling silver toggle clasp has been used because toggle clasps are easy to use and secure. My silver name label is attached at the clasp.
- The necklace comes, like all my necklaces, with its own colour co-ordinated silk brocaded pouch bag, made by a Shanghai tailor.
- The necklace is18” long (46cm).